Household Hazardous Waste
Safe Disposal of Hazardous Materials
The City of Watauga partners with the City of Fort Worth's Environmental Collection Center to provide residents with a safe means of disposing hazardous materials. In order for a Watauga resident to use the Environmental Collection Center, they must:
- Be the registered owner of the residence or be listed on the water bill.
- Understand that only one voucher will be issued per household, per fiscal year. Vouchers are dispensed on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a limited quantity available.
- Present the voucher to the Environmental Collection Center along with all required proof of residency.
- Follow all guidelines with regard to disposal as set forth by the City of Watauga and the City of Fort Worth.
How to request a voucher?
- Residents can request vouchers online via the City Secretary's Office or by coming into City Hall during regular business hours.
- If a voucher is requested online, your residency will be verified via the information listed on your waterbill.
- If you request a voucher in person, please bring your water bill and proof of identity.
Hours of Operation for Disposal Site
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Environmental Collection Center is located at 6400 Bridge Street. Call 817.392.1234 for more information.
What is Accepted What is NOT Accepted
Additional Instructions for Disposing Waste
- If a product is still useable, give it to someone who can use it instead of bringing it for disposal.
- Bring liquid sorted by type (i.e., oil-based and lead-based).
- Keep chemicals in their original container. Place broken or leaking materials in a second container or like material such as glass for corrosives, metal for flammables, etc.
- If a container has no label and its contents are known, please place a label on the container clearly stating its contents.
- Do not transport chemicals in the passenger compartment of your vehicle. Put them in the trunk or bed of truck.