Household Hazardous Waste
Safe Disposal of Hazardous Materials
The City of Watauga has partnered with HHW Solutions to provide our residents with a curbside collection program to discard of Household Hazardous Waste. Under the terms of the agreement, Watauga residents will pay an additional $.89 cents a month on their water bills. The program will begin on August 1, 2018. Effective immediately, remaining vouchers will ONLY be issued if a resident is moving out of the City. For more information, please contact the City Secretary's Office at 817.514.5825.
How to request a pick-up?
- Make sure all items are labeled (unlabeled items will not be collected)
- Residents can schedule a pick-up by completing a simple form via HHW Solutions.
- Do not mix chemicals
- Flammable liquids must be in container approved for transporting flammable liquids
- Make sure all items have spill-proof lids
- Make sure chemicals do not spill, leak, or mix
- If original container is cardboard or paper, place item in labeled plastic bag
- If you have several small items, place them in a labeled box
- Leave item on your front porch or near front of house on collection day
- Item(s) will be collected between 8:00am and 6:00pm on your collection day
- Frequently asked questions
Hours of Pick-Up
All items MUST be placed outside on your doorstep by 8:00 a.m. on your scheduled collection day and will be collected between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
What IS Accepted? What is NOT Accepted?