Transfer Station and Construction Material
Construction/Remodel Material:Waste consisting of building materials resulting from construction, replacement, remodeling, repair or demolition operations in a residential or commercial location are considered to be "construction debris" and shall not be picked up with regular bulk items that are approved for collection. Individuals wishing to have "construction debris" or large piles of loose brush exceeding five cubic yards (5X5X5)removed will need to make special arrangements with Waste Connections, as well as pay additional fees to Waste Connections for collection. For more information or to schedule a special pick up, contact Waste Connections at 817.222.2221.
Minnis Transfer Station:The Minnis Transfer Station located at 2120 Minnis Dr, Haltom City is also available Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m to 11:00 a.m. Watauga residents can dispose of trash, bulk items, brush, or construction debris. The Transfer Station also accepts, but is not limited to, tires, batteries, cardboard, recycling and electronics. You must bring a current water bill and have a valid drivers license.
- Two free visits each year per resident household. Weight limit per household annually is one (1) ton, or 2,000 lbs.
- Every Resident must report to the Scale which is indicated by signs at the entrance. Resident is then communicated through the intercom where to report and next steps.
- Resident will be required to report to the ticket office and show current water bill and drivers license THAT MATCH. Until further notice a mask is required when reporting to the ticket window.
- If residents show to the Minnis transfer station with a commercial vehicle or dump trailer they may not use the drivers license or water bill. The reason behind this is to deter contractors from utilizing the transfer station for commercial businesses.
- Safety vests are required at the transfer station. Any resident may pay a fee to purchase a new Safety vest (cost is below retail). The cost for a safety vest is $6. Any resident outside of their vehicle must have a safety vest on. No resident under the age of 16 years is allowed outside the vehicle.
- These safety precautions are put in place for the safety of the residents as this is a high traffic area with many commercial vehicles. There is a HOT ZONE plan every customer must abide by. The plan is communicated to every customer upon arrival to ticket window.