Mental Health & Crisis Resources
If you can't find what you are looking for here, please try another option to the left. A number of websites provide health and medicine information and services that extend across a wide variety of topics. We have attempted to break them down by subject for ease of accessibility.
This is only a selection of Mental Health and Crisis Support Resources. For more services, please dial 2-1-1 (or 877-541-7905) or visit Tarrantcounty211.org. If you have a medical emergency, or you are in immediate danger, call 9-1-1.
The websites listed should not be construed as medical advice or instruction. Consult your health professional for advice relating to a medical problem or condition.
- MHMR Denton County - If you or a member of your family are struggling with thoughts of suicide, depression, or mental illness, or if your family is searching for support services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Denton County MHMR Center is here to help.
- MHMR Tarrant County - A resource providing services and information about mental health services, early childhood intervention, intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as addiction services and crisis relief support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. By dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255), the call is routed to the nearest crisis center in our national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
- La Red Nacional de Prevencion del Suicidio - (Spanish) La Red Nacional de Prevención del Suicidio es gratuita y confidencial y está siempre disponible. Ayude a una persona querida o a un amigo, o ayúdese a sí mismo. Cuando usted llama al número 1-888-628-9454, su llamada se dirige al centro de ayuda de nuestra red disponible más cercano.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - AMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities. Offers links to resources for treatment as well as information for family and community members.
- Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas - Offers a 24 hour crisis line, Survivors of Suicide support group, mental health screenings, and trainings.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center - SPRC provides technical assistance, training, and materials to increase the knowledge and expertise of suicide prevention practitioners and other professionals serving people at risk for suicide. SPRC also promote collaboration among a variety of organizations that play a role in developing the field of suicide prevention.
- Tarrant Cares - Provides a directory of services and programs for substance abuse, depression, and more.