The Watauga Public Library participates in the nationwide Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service to expand resources available to Watauga residents with a valid Watauga library card. What may be borrowed is determined by the lending library. Books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, magazine articles, and photocopies of genealogy materials may be requested; however, some requests may not be filled due to high demand, inability to locate, or rarity of the item.
- Users may place up to five (5) requests at one time.
- Users may be responsible for paying the return postage for each item requested.
- Users are responsible for paying any late fees for an item returned overdue and replacement costs for any lost or damaged item. Replacement cost is determined by the lending library.
- Most ILL requests are free except for return postage. If the lending library charges a fee to lend the item requested, we will proceed only with pre-approval by the patron.
How Does ILL Work?
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is used to request materials not available through the Watauga Library Catalog.
- Search the Library catalog first to ensure that the item is not owned by this library or any other library in the catalog. If not found…
- Search the Texas Group Catalog to locate desired materials.
- Once you have found the item you want to borrow, click on the title and select the request button and follow directions to place your request.
- To place a request, you will need to log in using your library card number and pin (last four digits of your phone number, unless you have changed it).
- Once your materials are available, your selected notification method will notify you (be sure your contact information is correct on your library account).
- When you are finished with the item, please return it to the Watauga Public Library.
If you have any questions about your request, please contact the Watauga Public Library during library hours at 817-514-5864.