There are multiple ways to receive information from the City of Watauga.
- For Routine and and Emergency Alerts which include notifications via email, SMS, phone call or mobile app, the City uses the Civic Ready platform. This mass communication system is built primarily from public data bases and user sign-up. This service is primarily used for Emergency Alerts, including weather alerts, road closures, missing persons, etc. and some informational purposes, such as promotion of upcoming events.
- For the City Newsletter or Website notifications, the City uses the Notify Me Platform. This service is primarily used to send out the monthly newsletter as well as to provide updates regarding changes to the web site, including News Flash items and other Events.
- The City has several Social Media feeds you can subscribe to or follow where information is posted nearly every day.
Examples of routine notifications include:
- Upcoming Events
- City office closings
- Road closures
Examples of emergency notifications include:
- Severe weather alerts
- Missing persons
Sign Up for CivicReady alerts below.
Stay up-to-date with city information and website news by getting automatic alerts for:
- Council agendas & minutes
- News items
- Calendar updates & events
Personalize and subscribe to these notifications today!
The City of Watauga has several social media feeds available for residents to follow. The City's approach has been one of decentralization which allows our citizens to follow only the informational feeds they want versus a single feed cluttered with vast amounts of information across multiple departments. Please take a moment and subscribe. We regularly update all of our feeds with information targeted to your specific interests.