Planning and Zoning Commission Public Hearings
The City of Watauga Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on a preliminary report to consider text amendments to the City’s Zoning Ordinance allowing for the location of packaged liquor stores in general business and commercial zoning districts pursuant to a specific use permit. Additionally, text amendments limiting spacing between packaged liquor stores and spacing of such stores from sensitive land uses and public youth-related venues will be considered.The proposed amendments under consideration are attached in the Preliminary Report. An objective of the Planning and Zoning Commission is to finalize a report regarding the proposed Zoning Ordinance text amendments and forward the final report and
The City Council will hold a public hearing to consider the final report and the text amendments. A site map is attached for your information.
If you are interested, you are invited to attend these meetings. If you wish to provide written comments or documentation to the Commission, please provide such comments or documentation by email.
If you wish to protest or support this zoning text amendment, please complete the online form.
If you have any questions, please contact P&Z Coordinator at 817.514.5827 or email.
The Development Services Department provides the following services:
- Coordinate the development review process concerning new residential and commercial development.
- Pre-development review process-meeting with owners/developers to review their proposed ideas for development and providing advice on how their development will interface with the current development and the City's stated goals, objectives, and regulations.
- Plat and plan review coordination with other staff to ensure that the proposed platting request and building plans are in compliance with the City ordinances, building regulations, and state and federal minimum standards.
- Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance administration and enforcement.
- Administrative support for the City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, the Board of adjustments, City Manager and Director of Public Works.
- Assist with Floodplain Administration and development review.
- Provide 911 addressing for properties and structures within the City.
- Building Inspections (Residential / Commercial)
- Capital Project Construction Inspections
- Permit and Inspection Administration