Family Support Services
We do not accept unsolicited recommendations for additional links to our website.
- Catholic Charities Fort Worth
- Community Storehouse
- Crime Victim Liaison Program
- Genesis Women's Shelter - Dallas
- Hope's Door-Dallas
- North East Emergency Distribution (NEED)
- Presbyterian Night Shelter of Tarrant County
- Safe Haven Homes-Tarrant County
- Salvation Army DFW
- Samaritan House
- Texas Shelters
- The Family Place-Dallas
- The Women's Center of Tarrant County
Disease Care and Support
- Alzheimer's Association - The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Lung Association
- Arthritis Foundation
- Cancer.gov - The National Cancer Institute is the Federal Government’s principal agency for cancer research. This site includes news, clinical trials, statistics and research information.
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention - Information from the federal government on health and diseases.
- National Cancer Institute - This site provides cancer-related information on a wide range of topics as well as comprehensive descriptions of our research programs and clinical trials.
- Tarrant Cares - Online information service for individuals, families, caregivers, and agencies in Tarrant County. Provides local solutions for common health and wellness issues, including mental/behavioral health, seniors/adults with disabilities, military family health, child and family health, and domestic and sexual violence. Consumers can also create personal health records.
Food Banks and Food Resources
Mental Health and Crisis Resources
- MHMR Denton County - If you or a member of your family are struggling with thoughts of suicide, depression, or mental illness, or if your family is searching for support services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Denton County MHMR Center is here to help.
- MHMR Tarrant County - A resource providing services and information about mental health services, early childhood intervention, intellectual and developmental disabilities, as well as addiction services and crisis relief support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a 24-hour, toll-free, confidential suicide prevention hotline available to anyone in suicidal crisis or emotional distress. By dialing 1-800-273-TALK (8255), the call is routed to the nearest crisis center in our national network of more than 150 crisis centers.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - AMHSA's mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America's communities. Offers links to resources for treatment as well as information for family and community members.
- Suicide and Crisis Center of North Texas - Offers a 24 hour crisis line, Survivors of Suicide support group, mental health screenings, and trainings.
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center - SPRC provides technical assistance, training, and materials to increase the knowledge and expertise of suicide prevention practitioners and other professionals serving people at risk for suicide. SPRC also promote collaboration among a variety of organizations that play a role in developing the field of suicide prevention.
- Tarrant Cares - Provides a directory of services and programs for substance abuse, depression, and more.
Health and Safety
- Age-Appropriate Toys for Children - Describes "the basic characteristics of child development at each stage of growth" along with a listing of age-appropriate toys.
- Ask DrSears.com - Information on parenting and pediatric health topics from A-Z.
- Bed-wetting - Bed-wetting information and support from the National Kidney Foundation.
- Car Safety Seats : A Guide for Families - Car seat recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Facts for Families - Information on issues that affect children, teenagers, and their families from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Articles also available in Spanish and Chinese.
- Headlice.org - Learn how to identify and treat head lice. Includes games and quizzes for kids.
- KidsHealth - Children's health information presented for parents, for kids, and for teens. Also available in Spanish.
- SafeKids Worldwide - Provides parents with information to protect their children from unintentional injury. This site deals with child safety tips and standards. Information includes product recalls and articles on everything from bike helmets and water safety to household poisons and the dangers of firearms. Sponsored by the Children's National Medical Center and Johnson & Johnson.
- StopBullying.gov - Prevent bullying in your child's life.
- Tarrant County Veterans Services
- Texas Poison Center Network - You can get free 24-hour poison information and assistance by calling 1-800-222-1222. Learn how to safeguard your family from poisonous substances and what to do in the event of an emergency.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- WebMD - Health & Parenting