Reference/Help Desk/Ask a Librarian
We're here to help! By phone or in-person, the Watauga Public Library's Reference Librarians provide assistance during all hours the Library is open. We can provide the answers to questions on a wide range of topics, and if we can't find the answer, we'll refer you to other possible sources of information or assistance.
Your Reference Librarian is ready to help you:
- Locate books, movies, music, and magazines here or at another library.
- Locate information online, in books, periodicals, or databases.
- Sign up or RSVP for Library programs and classes
- Utilize the catalog to search for materials.
- Acquire information about local organizations and community resources.
- Take advantage of all the great resources at your disposal, such as our online language-learning database and online tutoring.
- Sign-in to use the computers and help you search the Internet or use other computer applications.
- Mobile Print Service - Print from your home computer or a device to be picked up at the Library! Click on Mobile Print Services for directions.
- Suggest good books.
- And much more!
What we can't do:
- Conduct extensive research for patrons.
- Conduct extensive family research.
- Provide advice on medical, tax, or legal matters.
- Write resumes or cover letters (although we will gladly assist in helping you get started).