We do not accept unsolicited recommendations for additional links to our website.
TexShare Databases -Call the Reference Desk at 817-514-5865 for TexShare login information or visit the online catalog, login with you WPL card, select database access, Watauga, then TexShare.
- Academic Search Complete - Comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database.
- Business Abstracts and Full-text - Offering a multitude of business magazines and scholarly journals, this comprehensive database is an ideal resource for those looking to conduct research or find information in any area of business.
- EBSCO Business Source Complete - Full-text journals in all disciplines of business. Non-journal content includes financial data, books, monographs, major reference works, conference proceedings, case studies, investment research reports, industry reports, market research reports, country reports, company profiles, SWOT analyses and more.
- EBSCO Enhanced Business Search - Search for business journals, company profiles, and market research.
- EBSCO Vocational and Career Collection - Full text coverage for more than 350 trade and industry-related periodicals.
- Newspaper Source - Cover-to-cover full-text for more than 40 national and international newspapers.
- Regional Business News - Search EBSCO resources for business-related information.
- Small Business Reference Center - Detailed "how-to" instructions buying, running, managing, or selling a small business.
Magazines & Newspapers
Located in the Build a Better Business section of the Library.
- Bloomberg Business Week
- Harvard Business Review
- Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Money Magazine
- Commercial Recorder
- Investor’s Business Daily
- Wall Street Journal
General Business News and Resources
- American Association of Individual Investors - AAII provides the education and guidance needed to build and manage investment wealth. Stocks, etfs, mutual funds, and bonds are covered.
- The Business Journals - Access to local business news and information from metropolitan business newspapers in many American cities.
- Business.gov - Business.gov creates a dialogue among business owners and the organizations serving them, making government resources and information more accessible to the nation's small business community.
- Business Organization Forms for Texas - Forms to register your business with the Texas Secretary of State.
- Dallas Business Journal - A source for up-to-date local Dallas business news and resources.
- Fort Worth Business Press - The guide to stay informed on Fort Worth area business news, events and trends.
- Investopedia - Finance & Investing site.
- Investor Guide - A leading online guide to investing, with thousands of categorized links to financial and investing news, research, tools, and more.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce - Links to chambers of commerce across the United States, including American chambers abroad.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - An agency of the United States federal government. It holds primary responsibility for enforcing the federal securities laws and regulating the securities industry, the nation's stock and options exchanges, and other activities and organizations, including the electronic securities markets in the United States.
- Annual Report Service - A free directory of online annual reports available on the web.
- Current Industrial Reports - The Current Industrial Report (CIR) program has been providing monthly, quarterly, and annual measures of industrial activity for many years. The primary objective of the CIR program is to produce timely, accurate data on production and shipments of selected products.
- ECHO - Use EPA's ECHO website to search for facilities in your community to assess their compliance with environmental regulations. You can also investigate pollution sources, examine and create enforcement related maps, or explore your state's performance.
- Europages - More than a simple directory, Europages, the directory of European companies is a professional portal that encourages business-to-business exchanges.
- Fortune 500 Listings - Annual lists of top 500 corporations, based on revenue.
- NAICS Code Look-up - The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- SEC Filings
- SIC Code Look-up
Markets & Research
- Bankrate.com - A site providing bank interest rates for mortgages, loans, credit cards, various accounts, and certificates of deposit.
- Big Charts - Stock and Mutual Fund daily closing prices, back to 1985.
- CNNMoney.com - The site is the online home of Fortune and Money, and serves as CNN.com's exclusive Business site.
- Cost of Living Comparison Calculator - Compare costs of living between United States cities.
- DepositAccounts.com - Easy to find bank information and compare interest rates.
- EDGAR - EDGAR, the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC").
- Kiplinger.com - A Washington, D.C. based publisher of business forecasts and personal finance advice, available in print, online, audio, video and software products.
- Mutual Fund Education Alliance - The MFEA is a unique community of investment management leaders focused on the future.
- NASDAQ - Official site of The NASDAQ Stock Market featuring free stock quotes, stock exchange prices, stock market news, and online stock trading tools.
- New York Stock Exchange
- The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association
- Treasury Direct - A website run by the United States Treasury that allows US individual investors to purchase Treasury securities such as T-Bills and others directly from the U.S. government.
- Valueline - An independent investment research and financial publishing firm.
Small Business Resources
- Findlaw for Business - FindLaw's Small Business Law section covers everything from obtaining financing and hiring employees, to choosing the right insurance policies and filing taxes. Those who operate small businesses typically wear many different hats, but also must know when and how to seek help from others.
- Governor's Office of Economic Development - The official website of Texas economic development, offering information about site selection, economic development incentives, and business research.
- Minority Business Development Agency
- North Texas Small Business Development Center Network - The NTSBDC promotes small business success by providing management education. They assist small businesses in creating jobs and economic growth by utilizing the elements of quality counseling and training, community involvement and the leveraging of resources.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office - The USPTO is an agency in the U.S. Department of Commerce that issues patents to inventors and businesses for their inventions, and trademark registration for product and intellectual property identification.
- SBA Free On-line Courses - Small Business Administration free media online courses.
- SCORE - SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship.
- Small Business Administration - Information and services offered by the SBA.
- Small Business Development Center - The SBDC National Information Clearinghouse serving the Small Business Development Center Network and America's small business community.
- Small Business Dictionary
- Tarrant SBDC - The Tarrant Small Business Development Center (SBDC) provides management consulting, training and technical assistance to entrepreneurs and small business owners in Tarrant County.
- Texas Business Portal - Contains information from multiple government resources related to starting a new business.
- Women-Owned Small Businesses - The gateway for women-owned businesses selling to the federal government.
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy - 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation’s Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills.
- America Saves - America Saves is a national campaign involving more than 1,000 non-profit, government, and corporate groups that encourages individuals and families to save money and build personal wealth.
- Annual Credit Reports - Free site to get your credit report. Managed by the big 3: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
- Ballpark E$timate
- Better Business Bureau - For consumer & business reviews, reports, ratings, complaints, etc.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI) - Monthly data on changes in the prices paid by urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services
- Economic Census - Business data you can use. Detailed national, state and local industry data.
- ECorner - Stanford's Entrepreneurship Corner provides a free collection of over 1600 videos and podcasts, featuring lectures by today's entrepreneurial thought leaders.
- Estimation Calculator
- FDIC Consumer Protection - Financial literacy resources to educate and protect consumers.
- Financial Calculators - Financial calculators for mortgages, car loans, student loans and more.
- Home Equity Loan Worksheet
- Loan Calculator FINRA
- Market Watch - Excellent investment, savings and personal finance resource. Features calculators for investing, mortgages, career planning, autos and more. Some features require free registration.
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes - The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- Recalls.gov - Covering motor vehicles, boats, food, medicine, cosmetics, environmental products and consumer products.
- SaferProducts.gov - Research the safety of consumer products or report unsafe products you have encountered.
- Savings Calculator FINRA
- Smart About Money
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes
- Thomas Register - Directory of companies, their products & services.
- What is a Dollar Worth? - CPI and inflation rates with a cost of living calculator.