We do not accept unsolicited recommendations for additional links to our website.
Websites of Interest
- 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy - 360 Degrees of Financial Literacy is a national volunteer effort of the nation's Certified Public Accountants to help Americans understand their personal finances and develop money management skills.
- America Saves - America Saves is a national campaign involving more than 1,000 non-profit, government, and corporate groups that encourages individuals and families to save money and build personal wealth.
- Annual Credit Reports - Free site to get your credit report. Managed by the big 3: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
- Ballpark E$timate - The Ballpark E$timate is an easy-to-use, interactive tool that helps you quickly identify approximately how much you need to save to fund a comfortable retirement.
- Best Buy Drugs - Consumer Reports Best Buy Drugs project is to provide consumers and their doctors with information to help guide perscription drug choices - based on effectiveness, a drug's track record, safety and price.
- Better Business Bureau - For consumer and business reviews, reports, ratings, complaints, etc.
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services - Get free help with your personal finances.
- Consumer Price Index - Monthly data on changes in the prices paid by urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services.
- Consumer Protection - Texas Attorney General Consumer complaints filed with this agency may form the basis for an investigation into a company's business practices.
- Consumer Reports - This is a link to the Consumer Reports location in the TexShare Database for Watauga Public Library cardholders only. This magazine contains articles on health, public safety, marketplace economics and the judicial and regulatory actions that affect consumers.
- Consumers Union Website - Consumers Union is the policy and action division of Consumer Reports. They work with activists to pass consumer protection laws in states and in Congress.
- Economic Census - Business data you can use. Detailed national, state and local industry data.
- Estimation Calculator
- FDIC Consumer Protection - Financial literacy resources to educate and protect consumers.
- Federal Information Center - A wide variety of federal government issued publications on a variety of topics.
- Federal Trade Commission: Consumer Information
- Financial Calculators - Financial calculators for mortgages, car loans, student loans and more.
- Loan Calculator FINRA
- Recals.gov - Covering motor vehicles, boats, food, medicine, cosmetics, environmental products and consumer products.
- SaferProducts.gov - Research the safety of consumer products or report unsafe products you have encountered.
- Savings Calculator FINRA
- Smart About Money
- What is a Dollar Worth? - CPI and inflation rates with a cost of living calculato