We do not accept unsolicited recommendations for additional links to our website.
- Young Workers - Support and protect your young worker.
General Websites for Parents
- BookPALS - Storyline On-line - The Screen Actors Guild Foundation presents some of your favorite stories read by well- known actors.
- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books - On-line version of one of the nation's leading children's book review journals.
- CareVan - With one in four children in Texas not properly immunized, the Care Van Program provides immunizations to uninsured and medically undeserved children through its current fleet of ten custom vans.
- Kellymom.com - Breastfeeding and Parenting. “Evidence-based information on breastfeeding and parenting issues."
- Parenting.com - “…is all about you. Community, recipes, mom-tested gear, photo galleries of your kids, mom tips you can't live without and more… The home of Parenting & Babytalk.”
Health and Safety
- Ask DrSears.com - Information on parenting and pediatric health topics from A-Z.
- Bed-wetting - Bed-wetting information and support from the National Kidney Foundation.
- Car Safety Seats : A Guide for Families - Car seat recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Facts for Families - Information on issues that affect children, teenagers, and their families from the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Articles also available in Spanish and Chinese.
- Headlice.org - Learn how to identify and treat head lice. Includes games and quizzes for kids.
- KidsHealth - Children's health information presented for parents, for kids, and for teens. Also available in Spanish.
- SafeKids Worldwide - Provides parents with information to protect their children from unintentional injury. This site deals with child safety tips and standards. Information includes product recalls and articles on everything from bike helmets and water safety to household poisons and the dangers of firearms. Sponsored by the Children's National Medical Center and Johnson & Johnson.
- StopBullying.gov - Prevent bullying in your child's life.
- Texas Poison Center Network - You can get free 24-hour poison information and assistance by calling 1-800-222-1222. Learn how to safeguard your family from poisonous substances and what to do in the event of an emergency.
- WebMD - Health & Parenting
Homework Websites for Parents
- Accelerated Reader - Accelerated Reader (AR) is software for primary and secondary schools used for monitoring the practice of reading.
- Bridging the Great Homework Divide: A Solutions Guide for Parents of Middle School Students - A guide to help parents and middle school students meet homework challenges, from LeapFrog Enterprises and the National Education Association.
- Helping your Child - A series of U.S. Department of Education booklets featuring practical lessons and activities for parents to help their children master reading, history, math, science, and study skills.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy is a non-profit educational organization created in 2006 by educator Salman Khan to provide "a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere."
- LearningExpress 3.0 - Improve your basic skills; Math, reading, and writing tutorials; Learn about in-demand careers; Prepare for occupational exams; ACT®, SAT*, AP* test preparation; Prepare for the GED® test ...and much more!
Recreation and Fun
- 20 Fun, Indoor Activities for Bored Kids - Fun, easy activities you can do with supplies you already have in the house.
- Activity Village - Coloring pages, crafts, puzzles, sudoku, games, jigsaws, holiday and educational activities to enjoy with your kids.
- American Camping Association Camp Database - Information on over 2,000 camps that have earned ACA accreditation. Search for camps by location, special needs, affiliation, activities, and cost.
- Crayola Parent's Page - Lesson plans, art techniques, and more.
- Museum School at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History - Classes for preschool and elementary school-aged children at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History.
- Zoo Preschool at the Fort Worth Zoo - Zoo Preschool provides 3- to 5-year-olds hands-on activities and Zoo trips to learn about wildlife and the environment as they also develop social, language and cognitive skills.