Online Forms

Request Deferred Disposition
You must not have received a deferred disposition from
the Watauga Municipal Court in the last twelve months.
You must have a valid Texas DL but are not eligible if
you are the holder of a commercial DL.

Request Driver Safety Course
You must hold a valid Texas DL,
You may not be the holder of a commercial DL,
You must be a listed driver on a current 
insurance policy,
You may not have completed a driver's safety
course in the last twelve months in the State of Texas
Driver Safety Course Affidavit
This affidavit is required to be filed
along with a copy of your Texas DL and current proof of insurance
with you as a listed driver. 

Court Hearing Request
You may only use this form if you have not previously
had a continuance and you are requesting at least
two business days prior to your scheduled court date.
If your case is in warrant or you have missed a Court date 
your request will not be processed. 

Deferred Disposition

Deferred Disposition means that you plead guilty or no contest to the charge, but instead of a finding guilty at that time, the court, in its discretion, places you on probation for a period of time not to exceed 180 days. At the time you are placed on deferred disposition/probation, you will be required to pay the fine and court costs and special expense/deferral fee as ordered by the Court. The court may also order additional conditions of the deferral. At the end of the deferred period, providing you have complied with the Court's order, you case will be dismissed and you will not have a conviction for that charge. However, if you violate the conditions of your deferred, this may result in a conviction.

This option is available to drivers who meet all of the following conditions:
  • Possess a valid Texas Driver's License
  • Are listed as a driver on a current insurance policy
  • Were not cited for 25 miles or more over the posted speed limit
  • Were not cited for 15 miles or more over the posted speed limit in a school or park zone
  • Were not cited while driving in a construction zone
  • Were at the time of the violation at least 25 years old or older
  • Does not possess a Commercial Driver's License

Driver Safety Course

If you are charged with a traffic offense under Subtitle C of the Transportation Code, you may request to take a driving safety course either in writing or appear at the court office before your initial court date. If you were operating a motorcycle, and request to take a driving safety course, you must take a motorcycle operator's training course.

At the time of your request, you must do the following:
  • Enter a plea of guilty or no contest
  • Possess a valid Texas driver's license
  • Are listed as a driver on a current insurance policy
  • Pay court costs and administration fee
  • Have not requested or taken a driving safety course for a traffic offense within the last 12 months
You are required to attend a driving safety course that has been approved by the Texas Education Agency or a motor cycle operator's course approved by the Department of Public Safety. Upon successful completion of the approved course you must present evidence of successful completion of the course, the notarized affidavit, and your driving record to the Court on or before the 9th day.

Driver Safety Course Affidavit

Use this form...upon completion of driving safety course
Completed, notarized, and submitted along with the completion of the Driving safety course and the driving record

Court Ha
ring Request 

If you would like to request a Court Hearing for a citation that you received in the City Watauga. This online hearing request can be used to reschedule the original  Court date assigned on the citation.  If you are unsure your citation is eligible to reschedule please contact the Court Staff.   If your case is currently in warrant status you must contact a Court Clerk to schedule a Court hearing as a bond may be required.

Once you have submitted your request for a court hearing you should expect to receive a response from the Court Staff with in two business days.  If you DO NOT receive a response within that time frame please contact the court.  

What if I can't pay for my citation  
If you are unable to pay the amount owed, without undue hardship to yourself or your dependent(s), you may request a hearing before the Judge to consider your ability to pay and discuss any non-monetary compliance options available to you.  Please contact the court for more information.