Beginning July 1, 2020 the following changes will occur and allow for a more efficient operation and the reduction of staffing by one person.
Public Works Department - 7800 Virgil Anthony Blvd.
- Public Works hours of operation will change to 7:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Public Works Permit Office will be closed for lunch from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Beginning October 1, 2020 the following tasks will be assigned to the department listed below.
Police Department - 7101 Whitley Road
- Alarm Permits - Available online
- Garage Sale Permits - Not available online
- Temporary Sign Permits - Available online
- Solicitor Permits - Not available online
Fire Department - 5909 Hightower Drive
- Fire alarm, fire suppression and fire sprinkler system permits - Not available online
Utility Billing - 7105 Whitley Road
- Fire hydrant meter rental - Agreement available for printing online, but must be submitted in person
- Water / Sewer tap and impact fees - Not available online
Finance Department - 7105 Whitley Road
- Insufficient fund check processing - Not available online, may be done via phone or in-person
Some permits may be obtained online by logging into the City of Watauga website at www.cowtx.org, clicking on the government tab, and under the Permits and Inspections Department option, select Permits and then select "Download & Information Center". This link is subject to change once the above departments take over these operations.